Services >> We Provide
- Direct financial assistance, access to insurance coverage and help with getting grants for the services described here.
- Professional counseling, support groups, etc.
- Development of outreach and peer networking programs.
- Campership programs for children with hemophilia.
- Scholarships for persons with bleeding disorders.
- Homecare delivery program monitoring.
- Advocate for our members.
Lending Library/Information Exchange
- Literature concerning hemophilia, von Willebrand disease and HIV free of charge.
- Public education.
- Quarterly newsletter.
- Annual meeting held in May (open to all members).
- Educational mailings, bulletins and advisories, etc.
- Provide information and guidelines to state/federal legislators regarding issues of importance to persons with hemophilia.
- Monitor all newly introduced legislation pertaining to healthcare, medical insurance and blood safety.
- Secure laws which preserve policies and programs required by the bleeding disorder community.
Click here for what's important in new legislation
- Assist with insurance premium payments if financially eligible.
- Purchase individual insurance if member is on homecare, monitored by a Hemophilia Treatment Center, does not have access to group insurance and/or other entitlements, and is financially eligible.
- Assist with medical co-pays and deductibles if financially eligible.
- Monitor insurance companies to see if they comply with hemophilia homecare standards law.
- Advocate with insurance companies on behalf of members.
- Review insurance policies if companies switch policies or during open enrollment.