Chocolate Chip Biscotti
Cooking Spray (2 Sprays)
2 Cups All Purpose Flour
1 tsp. Baking Powder
½ tsp. Table salt
3 Tbsp. Mini Chocolate Chips (Semisweet)
1 Cup Sugar
2 Large Eggs
1 tsp. Canola Oil
1 tsp. Vanilla extract
Total Time: 57 min. Prep: 15 min. Cook: 42 min. Serves: 20. Difficulty: Moderate
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Lightly coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
3. Using an electric mixer, beat sugar, eggs, oil, and vanilla until frothy, about 2 minutes. Make a well in the center of dry ingredients and pour in egg mixture, stir just until moistened and dough form.
4. Shape dough into a 13×3 inch log on prepared baking sheet. Back for 30 minutes and remove from oven. Reduce oven to 300°F.
5. Let biscotti cool for 10 minutes; cut warm log crosswise, on a slight diagonal, into twenty ½”- thick- slices. Stand slices about 1 inch apart on a baking sheet and return to oven. Bake for 12 minutes. The centers will be soft but biscotti will harden when cooled.