Chocolate Chip & Cranberry Blondies
1/2 softened butter (oil works but may make it more dense)
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
3/4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup flour (gluten-free flour works but may alter the texture)
1/3 cup dried cranberries
1/3 cup chocolate chips (any kind, or M&M’s, etc)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9×9 square baking pan with foil, extending foil over the edges. Coat foil with cooking spray (parchment paper works too); set aside.
2. In the bowl of your stand mixer, beat butter on medium speed for 30 seconds.
3. Mix in sugars, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl as needed.
4. Add eggs one at a time. Mix in vanilla until incorporated.
5. Gradually beat in flour on low speed until just combined. Mix in the cranberries and M&M’s.
6. Spoon the batter into the pan using a spatula to smooth out.
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
8. Cool completely. Using edges of foil, lift blondies out of pan and cut in squares.