Tomato & Ditalini Soup
- 1 cup diced onions
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 2 tsp. minced fresh garlic
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cans diced tomatoes in juice (14.5 oz. each)
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup dry ditalini pasta
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste (or use red pepper flakes in place of fresh ground pepper-if you like a little heat)
- chopped fresh parsley
- grated Parmesan cheese
Saute onions, celery, and garlic in oil in a large saucepan or dutch oven over medium hear, 4-5 minutes.
Add tomatoes, broth, and pasta; bring to a boil. Cook soup until pasta is al dente, 10 minutes. Season soup with salt and pepper (or red pepper flakes). Garnish servings of soup with parsley and Parmesan cheese. Absolutely, delicious!