1/3 cup melted butter (or oil for dairy-free)
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (or gluten-free flour)
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
3 large ripe bananas, mashed (overripe bananas are sweeter)
3/4 cup brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat muffin pans with non-stick spray, or use muffin liners.
2. Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
3. Combine bananas, sugar, egg, and melted butter in a large bowl.
4. Fold in flour mixture, and mix until smooth. Using a spoon, scoop into muffin pans.
5. Bake mini muffins for 10 to 15 minutes, and large muffins for 25-30 minutes. Let cool before serving.
* I have experimented with additions like honey, cinnamon, and blueberries and have had good results.